Mirena Gritty Sand, Brown Blood, Coffee Grounds, Vision Problem, Iud
Wow ladies!! First off, thank you, all of you, for taking the time to share your stories. I had my Mirena inserted mid March 2008. It is April 3rd today, and so far I'm not a fan. Insertion was easy. I barely felt anything. Minor cramping ... more »
Wow ladies!! First off, thank you, all of you, for taking the time to share your stories.
I had my Mirena inserted mid March 2008. It is April 3rd today, and so far I'm not a fan.
Insertion was easy. I barely felt anything. Minor cramping afterwards, some spotting. The worst part was the black gritty sand like discharge. (previous poster compared it to coffee grounds) Every time I sat down or stood up I could feel the grit rubbing inside me. It was the most AWFUL feeling in the world.
I have been spotting every single day since insertion. I did have a full period (started a few days before Easter) and it lasted about a week and a half. It was moderate to heavy. I did have more than usual cramping for me. And with every cramp I felt a sharp stab in my uterus. I imagined it was my uterus pressing down on the IUD. It was very uncomfortable. Now my "period" is over and I am still spotting! Its strange though. My discharge is clear, but with streaks of purpleish/brown blood. Its not typical spotting. But i've ruined one too many pairs of good underwear so its starting to get on my nerves!!!! I thought this was supposed to STOP bleeding. I've bleed every day in some shape or form.
My one month checkup is on the 10th. I am going to express my concerns with my doctor, but I know she'll blow me off like everyone else. I am getting a lot of pressure from my husband to keep it, despite the side effects. We already have 4 children, and dont want any more for a few more years.
Other side effects I am experiencing that I can only assume are from the Mirena (they might not be, but I cant explain them any other way):
- I feel stupid! Im spacey, i cant think straight. Very forgetful. Simple jokes go over my head.
- my vision is wacky. I feel like im staring through a haze. I have a hard time focusing on objects or fine print. I have never had a vision problem before!
- i feel weak and woozy occasionally.
- extra crampy. and often feel pings and pangs in my uterus.
- increased thirst
- slight paranoia. I actually feel like all my friends are mad at me, when i know they arent.
- I sweat at night.
- my nails are all dry and splitting. I normally have very healthy nails
- a general feeling of laziness. It takes a ton of motivation to get up sometimes. I have 4 kids and I work full time...I'm not a lazy person! I cant be! So this feeling is very frustrating!
- I'd rather sleep than have sex. which for me is abnormal. I am more of a hornball than my husband usually. hahaha
wow this list is longer than I thought!!
I'm going to give this thing more time. But so far I am not a fan. I know it works for some women....but these things were not in the little pamphlet they pass out! I guess if they were no one would get this thing!
Thanks for listening!